PIF Pocket Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment of Periprosthetic Joint Infection (PJI) is an evidence-based reference for diagnosis and treatment of PJI by PRO-IMPLANT Foundation. It is intended for physicians seeking medical advice in the area of implant infections. It provides information that is current, concise, and reliable. Since its introduction it has become one of the most popular clinical tools.
- Definition (Clinical Features, Histology, Cell Count in Joint Aspirate, Microbiology)
- Classification (< 4 weeks and >= 4 weeks duration of symptoms)
- Diagnostic Algorithm (Acute and Chronic Symptoms)
- Treatment Algorithm
- Surgical Procedures (Retention of Fixed Components, One-Stage, Two-stage (short/long interval) and Three-stage Exchange)
- Antimicrobial Treatment (Empiric and Targeted Treatment)
- Local Antimicrobials in Bone Cement (NEW!)
- more to come.
PIF Pocket Guide mobile app features:
- expanded digital-only content,
- interactive tools (e.g. Infection Confirmation calculator),
- full text search,
- customizable bookmarks and
- menu-driven navigation.
Where to Find
PIF Pocket Guide mobile app is available for mobile devices with
- Android and
- iOS (iPhone/iPad).
How to Use
- Install the app.
- Open it.
- Press the button "Login" at the bottom of the screen and enter your PRO-IMPLANT Foundation web username and password. This is the same username and password you use to login to this web site.
If you are not yet registered at PRO-IMPLANT Foundation web site, please register here.
What Users Say
"User-friendly and not confusing plus all the “meat” of PJI is there. I like especially the treatment by organisms. It’s like spoon-feeding. I love it!"
"The only useful app for prosthetic joint infection. The doses are on point, and the infection confirmation calculator is awesome."
"Mobile app is a valuable resource, specially after attending the workshop on PJI. I love it and I use it quite often."
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the content of the Pocket Guide. However, current full prescribing information should be consulted before prescribing any product.
- The authors are not responsible for errors or omissions or for any consequences from application of the information found in the Pocket Guide.
- No warranty, express or implied, is made with respect to the currency, accuracy or completeness of the contents of the Pocket Guide.
- Application of information in a particular situation is and remains the professional responsibility of the practitioner.